Search This Blog and Its Links

Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Rebirth of D'Angelico Guitars

Those of you who know me, know that guitars are one of my passions. I love the sound and feel of a fine guitar in my hands and I'm delighted to see this legendary instrument maker come back.

John D'Angelico is arguably one of the greatest luthiers ever. His handbuilt guitars are regarded as the pinnacle of the art and command the price of a luxury auto all the way up to that of a small house. By the time he died in 1964, at the age of 59, he had only made around 1200.

Guitar collector and businessman John M. Ferolito, Sr has revived the brand and hired Gene Baker and PBG Workshop to build a limited run of D'Angelico USA Masterbuilt Series using MRI scans of original D'Angelico instruments. Click on the link below to have a look.

D'Angelico Guitars.

No comments:

Post a Comment