Search This Blog and Its Links

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I Want My Flying Car

Back in the 1960s I went to the New York World's Fair. They don't have those anymore, something about the risk of terrorism or perhaps general lack for interest. Well I think maybe it's because of the promises they make, but don't keep. That's how it was with flying cars. They said we'd have them by the 1980s, but I didn't see any flying cars then.

Enter a bunch of young German guys and E-Volo, their company. Seems they've developed a nice little idea for making this dream a reality. It's appears to be a scaled up UAV, except without the U(nmanned) part. Now if they can only bring it to market. And make the battery last longer then 30 minutes.

Here's a little video about their maiden flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment