Search This Blog and Its Links

Monday, November 14, 2011

Best Eggs Ever

I've become very picky about the food I eat. It's not just the taste: it's the nutrition, the carbon footprint, supporting local economies. I want to be able to walk my talk and eat well, too.

Almost every weekend I visit my elderly mother and for the last couple of years or so I've been buying my eggs from a farm market on the way.  Yesterday, when I picked up my eggs, the nice people who work there gave me the card of the person they get these wonderful eggs from so I could continue to get them throughout the Winter when they close.

When I got back home I sent her an email, so she would know that I was definately interested in continuing to get these culinary jewels. This morning she sent me a nice note and the picture here.

Another plus: the profits from the eggs go towards her daughter's college fund. I think I'll try to get her to raise the price. These eggs are worth it.

And don't these look like happy chickens?

No comments:

Post a Comment