Search This Blog and Its Links

Friday, February 26, 2010

Water, Power

Two very interesting items have popped up on my radar screen in the past few days.

First, Bobble, is a reusable, $10 water bottle with a carbon filter that is made in the US from recycled plastic, is BPA free, FDA approved and will filter out all the toxic crap in 300 gallons of tap water, while leaving in the minerals. That sure beats $1 per 16 oz. for bottled water from the store.

Second, my good friend Andrew Padula, got me onto this new tech that, while being rumored to be forthcoming over this last couple of years, has finally been unveiled (on 60 Minutes, no less).

The Bloom Box is a new fuel cell technology that promises to deliver low cost, clean electricity from common ingredients. Although in it's final testing stages, Bloom Box energy servers are being used at Bank of America, Google, Ebay, Walmart and FedEx (among others) and have the endorsement of luminaries such as Colin Powell, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Diane Feinstein and Michael Bloomberg. I suggest that you go to the website to learn more and then begin to salivate for the IPO. If you'd like to watch the 60 Minutes story on Bloom Energy, I've included it below.

Do we live in a great country or what?


Watch CBS News Videos Online

2 comments:

  1. 1) Reminds me of the end from "Back to the Future" (I've always wanted a car powered on trash. Back when I smoked I was always praying for an engine that would convert my cigarette butts into gasoline).

    2) Two out of those four celebrities are host to a bankrupt state. Taking advice from them on cost-cutting energy measures would be like asking Elizabeth Taylor for marriage counseling.

    Uh-oh, I just slipped into my preconceived cultural belief sets. Oooo, it's cozy in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On #2, I just thought it would be fair and all to give equal time.

    And yes, comfort is what it's all about!

    ReplyDelete