Search This Blog and Its Links

Friday, March 20, 2015

"Open Well-Tempered Clavier" Project Complete with Score and Recording Online

I rarely post about music being that that is my profession. I feel that this blog should be about things that excite me other than my own work.

But this is different. One of my favorite classical composers is Johann Sebastian Bach. Of all the early musical geniuses, I have always found his work brilliant and refreshing and always a joy to listen to.

The Open Well Tempered Clavier Project was conceived to bring the scores of Bach's work to blind musicians. Less than 1% of this work has been available in Braille and it was the goal to create software that would convert MuseScore scores to Braille, more than doubling the number of scores available to blind musicians.

Kickstarter made this possible. Share. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment