Search This Blog and Its Links

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Circuit Playground

I'm not usually hawking apps on my blog here, but this one just caught my eye. A few years back I decided to start building guitar amps. I've been playing for over 40 years and building an amp had been a teenage dream. So what if I waited until my 50's to make good on it? Now comes this great app for designing circuits.

As the iTunes app store description says, "Circuit Playground simplifies electronics reference & calculation so you can have more fun hacking, making, & building your projects!"

Here's a partial list of its functions:

Decipher resistor & capacitor codes with ease
Calculate power, resistance, current, and voltage with the Ohm's Law & Power Calc modules
Quickly convert between decimal, hexadecimal, binary or even ASCII characters
Calculate values for multiple resistors or capacitors in series & parallel configurations
Store, search, and view PDF datasheets

Now, if they only had tube information on it.

Only $2.99 at the App Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment