Search This Blog and Its Links

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Recording With Sean And Charlotte

I have been quite enamored of the work of these two geniuses. I thought their first album, "Acoustic Sessions", was the best album of the year in 2010. Now comes their psychedelic masterpiece "Midnight Sun", which I've included the entire video of the live show my daughter and I saw in New Jersey in May.

Then I read an interview with them in Electronic Musician magazine and realized how brilliant the really are. Their recording techniques go far beyond today's current practices and point back to an era where experimentation often delivered sonic ecstasy.

Another thing stood out: Sean had found a cache of his dad's gear on Craig's List and snatched it up. Guitars, effects and other stuff all infused with the mojo of arguably, the Beatles' most creative member.

Have a look and listen and you'll see what I'm talking about. There's also an extended interview HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment