Search This Blog and Its Links

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Betty Hoover Bragg 1928 - 2013

There's no fun time today. Funerals aren't much fun,  especially when it's your mother's.

My mom lived a rich and full life. Although she didn't write any books or run for president or sail the seven seas, she did the things she enjoyed and she was a really good mom. How does it get any better than that?

I got my love of music and art from her, although I took them both really seriously and made them my career. She also taught me how to sew, which is very handy when you make puppets.

She had been having a hard time getting around and had started to use her cane more. She'd been ill and was in the hospital when it happened. The doctor was ready to discharge her and she just sat down and died. We think it was a stroke.

Family is gathering and our son is flying in to be a pallbearer. At the viewing last night I saw folks I'd not seen in years. The grandchildren were hit really hard.

I lost my dad in 1984 and at the time, I had no idea how much that would affect me. I have no idea how this is going to affect me either.

 Mom, I love you and I will miss you forever. To everything, turn, turn, turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment