Search This Blog and Its Links

Monday, June 4, 2012

Lehman's

When I was a teenager and was part of the "counterculture," I dreamed of my own small farm: off the grid, self sufficient and full of pure, organic, goodness. Well, that one never did come to pass, but I've still always been interested in the tools and practices that make that happen.

Enter Lehman's. At the time I leaned about them (early 1970s), they were a primary supplier to the Amish and Mennonite communities, people who were experts at not depending on modern tech to make whole, happy lives.

Lehman's is still here and although they have added some more contemporary items, they still have all the good old anachronistic items that were the foundation of their early business.

Hand plow anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment