Search This Blog and Its Links

Friday, May 18, 2012

WBCN The Rock of Boston is Back!

I lived in Boston from 1979 to 1988 and all through my time there I enjoyed the best radio in America. WMBR, WBUR, WGBH were just a few of the excellent stations that I had access to. But at the top of the heap was WBCN, the Rock of Boston. Free form with the DJs providing the programming instead of some "consultant."

Well somehow, after I moved back to Virginia, the station switched over to talk and then lost its audience. And then, after many other senseless changes, at 12:05 a.m. on August 12, 2009, the sound went to static and 'BCN was no more.

Now it's back, on the internet, broadcasting from a converted school bus and we can all enjoy great radio. Have a listen. WBCN - Free Form Radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment