Search This Blog and Its Links

Friday, September 2, 2011

How To Take Great Photos: Be Clint Clemens

Many years ago, I lived and worked in Boston, Massachusetts. Along with being a musician, I worked in the advertising industry, first doing work for others and eventually working my way up to become a photographer, cinematographer and then a producer and director of commercials.
On that climb up I did a lot of model and special effects work for photographers such as Stephen Grohe (I hope to feature him soon). One of my dreams was to do work for Clint Clemens, a great photographer who, at the time, had a studio at the end of Newbury Street. I would often walk past his huge double doors (big enough to get a car through)  and think , "How can I get in there?"

Alas, it never came to pass, but I still love his work. Here is a sequence of three shots showing how he set up the final shot,  for a campaign for Prada's sport clothing line .

Just smashing.

No comments:

Post a Comment